Tuesday 10 February 2015

Premier League: Paddy McNair signs new Manchester United contract


Manchester United defender Paddy McNair has signed a new contract that ties him to the club until June 2017.

The 19-year-old Northern Irishman's new deal also has the option of a further year.

McNair, who came through the club's Academy system, has established himself as a regular member of the United first-team squad under Louis van Gaal this season.

He made his debut in the 2-1 Premier League victory over West Ham at Old Trafford on September 27 and has since made another 11 appearances, three of them as a substitute.

McNair told the club's official website: "To make my debut for this great club earlier this season was a dream come true. I'm pleased to have signed a new contract.

"I have come through the Academy here and I feel I am improving my game all the time with the help of the manager, the coaching staff and my team-mates."

United manager Van Gaal added: "Paddy has risen through the ranks to become an integral part of the first-team squad. He has all the attributes to develop into a top player.

"Promoting youth players is very important both to myself and to the club and I am delighted Paddy has signed a new contract."


SkySports News

No comments:

Post a Comment