Friday 27 March 2015

Zayn Malik gives his first interview since announcing his decision to leave One Direction

Zayn Malik breaks his silence on the decision to leave One Direction

It's the interview that we all knew was coming but weren't emotionally prepared for. Zayn Malik has broken his silence following the announcement that he has quit One Direction, and if you're feeling even slightly fragile this morning then it will BREAK YOU.

While the remaining 1D boys seem to be finding things a little tricky sans Zayn, he confirmed to The Sun that he still feels he made the right decision for his own peace of mind and long term happiness.

Is this closure? Does this mean we have to stop comfort eating, snotty crying and ringing in sick now?

"It is crazy and wild and a bit mad," Zayn said. "But at the same time I've never felt more in control in my life. And I feel like I'm doing what's right — right by myself and right by the boys, so I feel good."

The first interview, given just six hours after the bombshell was dropped, is mostly positive, but does reveal Zayn's concerns for the devastated fans who he worries might feel let down by his shock departure.

"I did try to do something that I wasn't happy doing for a while, for the sake of maybe other people's happiness. And that was mainly the fans. And I only ever tried to do it for the fans, and it was only ever for them."


"I'm only upset (because) I feel like I may have let them down in some sort of way… It's not that I've turned my back on them or anything, it's just that I just can't do that anymore because it's not real to me."

Zayn went on to agree that, while he wishes to remain out of the spotlight for now, the band will definitely continue for the foreseeable future as a four-piece. "They still want to do it for a while, so they're going to carry on doing what they want to do", he explained. "I think they're going to be cool."

By Lucy Wood

No comments:

Post a Comment